Jeffrey Miller, Ph.D.
Over 20 years of financial experience in modeling, forecasting, and analyzing data.
President and CEO of:
NewArc Investments, inc.
Capital Markets Research, inc.
University of Michigan, Ph.D.
University of Michigan, M.A.
Bowling Green State University, B.S.
Helix Biomedix, Inc.
Board of Directors, Chairman of Compensation and Governance
Board of Directors, 2000-Present
Indian Prairie School District 204
Member: Financial Advisory Committee,
Jeff brings together a unique package of skills to analyze current securities issues. The skills include the following:
- The underlying economic theory of a problem, and how it applies in specific cases.
- A deep background in financial derivatives, emphasizing options and futures.
- Expertise in research methods, including the comparison of stock price movement with scientifically selected comparable companies.
- Practical trading knowledge, derived from long experience as a financial manager and trader.
There are many current issues that require this combination of skills:
- Forensic Stock Valuation.
- Damage assessment when there are allegations concerning disclosure.
- Options backdating.
- Auction Rate Securities.
- Issues related to mis-pricing of securities.
Personal Skills and Services:
- Testimony and depositions drawing upon deep skills in presenting to official government bodies, public audiences, and courts.
- Well-written reports delivered in a timely fashion.
RECENT CONSULTING ACTIVITY
Jeff has done a wide range of studies involving quantitative analysis. These are some recent examples.
Auction Rate Securities Valuation. Analysis, report, and
presentation to a leading accounting firm preparing regulatory findings.
Convertible Bonds and Preferred Stock. Analysis of call provisions, embedded options, and other factors. Reports used to support public filings.
FAS 133 Hedge Effectiveness Studies. Prospective and retrospective analysis for FAS 133 compliance.